PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, June 29, 2024

Whimsical Muse at Work

I love finding metal artwork at the thrift stores. I don't really care about the color scheme...I just want to bring it home and paint it myself! The decor above is 3'x3' and was painted black, olive and red?! That had to change, so it came home with me that day.

I spent a couple days sanding then giving it a nice clean base coat. Then I took out my brushes and acrylics and started with the sunflowers. I eventually added other colors and started filling in backgrounds. It reminds me of the Disney animated movie "Alice in Wonderland". After sealing it with pouring gloss varnish, I hung it on the back wall of my deck. My deck is slowing coming to life, with fake potted plants in the corners, new cushions for the chairs, a newly-painted metal table and other artwork. I just need a day where the temperature is under 90 degrees so I can sit and relax and sip my iced tea and read a cozy mystery...
Challenges I am Entering:
Through the Purple Haze - Anything Goes
My Time to Craft - Summer Florals
Ellibelle's Corner -(I Spy w/my Little Eye) Something Blooming Lovely
Sisterhood of Crafters - In the Garden


1 comment:

María said...

Wow it's gorgeous and full of colour. I also love how you've played with the textures, an awesome project. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft. Hugs, María.