PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, June 17, 2024

Inspired by C. S. Lewis and the Path of Positivity challenge blog

 Hello, crafters! Today's make is an 18" round wooden canvas. Using acrylic paints, I created several layers by painting and pressing leaves from a neighbor's tree onto the wood. I used a wash (water and green paint mix) in between each layer of leaves. The covered layers of leaves were painted with Titanium white paint, while the top layer has a mix of white and green leaf imprints. It gives the canvas a lot of dimension, don't you think? I finished off the canvas with a coat of loss varnish.

The Path of Positivity challenge blog offers a challenge this month with an optional twist: be inspired by a few quotes regarding Dreams and/or Goals. I chose one by C. S. Lewis:

“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ― C.S. Lewis

I've always wanted a summer getaway ever since Girl Scout camp when I was younger. Just before COVID hit (and after turning 60+), my dream came true. I now own an RV in a park close to Starved Rock State Park in Illinois. I've spent many enjoyable days at the pool, met wonderful park neighbors and toasted many a marshmallow around the campfire on summer nights.

                                       Enjoying s'mores with nephew and his family last Fall

My trailer overlooks a small ravine so that I can hear the water flowing past after a good rain. It's hard to find as it's completely surrounded by trees. and i can't wait to get out there again! It's a dream come true, even if I did have to wait a few decades...

How do your dreams or goals inspire you?  Come show us at the Path of Positivity challenge blog this month!!

Challenges I am Entering:
Simon Says - Let's Paint




No comments: