PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Happy Valentine's Day

 

My daughter did a photo shoot of our 15 year old Silkie Terrier for Valentine's Day. Poor thing, he slept through the entire time! This is the best shot of them all...

I created this Valentine hanging flower decor. Lately I've been finding these metal containers just leaping off the shelves into my basket. By the time the year is over, I should have one created for every holiday. I wanted to hang it on my front deck alongside my door, but the last two weeks have been snow, Snow and SNOW!! It's snowing now, and while I put two coat of varnish on the container, the flowers are Dollar Store  items. I have about 3 feet of snow on my back deck, my grill is buried and the ramp in front of the house is impassable (luckily there's no one living here that needs to use it any more). So for now it's hanging in my living room.
This is the second metal planter that I've upcycled. The first one was Christmas, which I featured on an earlier post. Just this week I found another planter to play with some time in the future - YAY!!
I love thrifting for things to upcycle. I try not to go out too often. Not only is it unsafe due to COVID, but I already have stacks of things yet to paint, wire, frame and otherwise put my own twist on them. Most of the time, an item will inspire me right in the store, ad I already know before I get home what I'm going to do with it. Other times, I buy something because I get this feeling in my gut that it will make a great upcycle project. Do you thrift for art projects? How do you choose what to leave and what to take home? I'm always trying to downsize and declutter, and bring bags of items to the thrift stores, but unfortunately I bring home almost as much as I donate...
Hope you have a lovely day today! 


No comments: