PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, May 18, 2020

Fluff or Feathers


This month the Path of Positivity challenge blog offers an optional theme of Furry and/or Feathered friends. I was inspired to make this card for my granddaughter.  She lives in Florida, and when I went down to visit her and the rest of the family earlier this year, I discovered she had a hedgehog for a pet! My daughter is envious. She would love one, but we already have a senior dog who needs lots of love and attention, so she’s had to shelve that dream for now. And, to be fair, the llama is there because it is my spirit animal...
I used Copics to color an image from Oddball Art Company. It’s from their (free) newsletter subscription. Every month you get a Creepy Cute Chronicles free digital image in your email, along with access to inspiration and tutorials. This digi is from CCC#42.
So, my card is a hybrid, mixing the hand-colored image with the tools in Photoshop to pop him onto a photo I took last summer at my trailer. Then I printed it out and embellished it. I think my card really ties in with how we're all feeling at this time. Social distancing means less physical hugs, and my hedgehog has enough problems with hugs as it is! 
It also is a reminder that many people are scared or "prickly" due to the pressures brought on by these historic times. Just because someone is cranky, doesn't mean they are always cranky. Give them something to lift their spirits, or  at least wish their families good health.
Meanwhile, you can visit the Path of Positivity challenge blog for a bit of acknowledgment, encouragement, inspiration, or maybe just something pretty to look at. The theme of Feathery or Furry Friends is an optional one, but here are the rules:

In order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes, your projects/posts must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. Prizes this month include:

  • A $10 gift certificate from Oddball Art, our guest sponsor for this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants.
  • ONE image (value of $5 or less) from Scribbles Designs, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch based on all qualifying entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
Stay healthy, and happy crafting!

1 comment:

ScrappyHorses said...

This makes me smile! So happy you are back with us at Path of Positivity!