PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Didn't Frog-get my Sister's Birthday


With the stay-at-home order in Illinois, celebrating birthdays is difficult --unless you have inspiration from Bugaboo Stamps!! My sister is just 6 blocks away from where I live, but we couldn't celebrate her birthday "together", so I used a digital image from Bugaboo called AKV Frog to show her we didn't frog-get her special day.

I printed several copies of this little hopper in different colors, cut out and laminated them (just in case it rained). My daughter and I taped wooden skewers to each and "planted" them in her front yard.

I also made a small poster telling her we didn't frog-get her, as well as a larger one wishing her a Hoppy Birthday. We did all this while she unsuspectingly sat a her kitchen table having a late breakfast. When we finished decorating her yard, we rang the doorbell and knocked hard on her door to get her attention.
She was very happy to see our work. as well as us (at a socially acceptable distance). One of her neighbors came out of her house across from my sister and yelled out birthday greetings to her while we were there.
This week Catch the Bug challenge blog offers an Anything Goes theme. You still have a couple days to join in the fun!

3 comments:

ike said...

Oh, how AWESOME. They look fantastic. I bet she loved this :-D xx

ike said...

I would love to get that but I can't find AKV Frog on their site. Do you have a Link please ???

Margreet said...

What a great way to congratulate your sister with her birthday!
Thanks for joining the AG challenge at Catch the Bug.
xxx Margreet DT