PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Celebrate with the Quirky Challenge Blog

Another winter-y Sunday keeps me holed up in my craft room, warm and cozy. Not complaining!! Come on, Old Man Winter, bring it on! Any excuse to play in my craft room...
So today, the snow outside inspired me to play with this Stitchy Bear digi image for my DT make for the Quirky Crafts challenge blog. Stitchy Bear is the sponsor this month. The image is called Lake Winter, and I couldn't wait to use the lacy paper doilies I snagged at my local thrift store on this card. I gave the image a light teal color wash with Copic BG10 before framing it onto a card using assorted shades of teal. The bright white really makes my image pop!
I used a toothbrush  and some white acrylic paint to flick a flurry of snow over the lake. I found a floral spray of silver along with a tiny bow to add to my snowflake embellishments.A spray of tiny pearls "lifted" from an old flower arrangement and some hand-drawn stitching complete my card today.
Have you linked up your celebration card or project with the Quirky Crafts challenge blog yet? This is the midpoint, so you have plenty of time to come join the fun! Whether it's freezing outside, or starting to boil over, depending on your hemisphere, I hope you have some time to craft!
Stitchy Bear is offering some great prizes this month:
 1st prize: 3 images of choice from the entire Stitchy Bear store
 2nd prize: any 3 images used by the DT
 3rd Prize: any 2 images used by the DT

Challenges I am Entering:
Crafts & Me - Anything Goes/Optional Winter (linked to Facebook page)
Dream Factory - The Snow Queen
Stitchy Bear (on Facebook) - Anything Goes



4 comments:

Cazzy said...

I love this card Pat, it's so beautiful. I like your first one too, and I am sorry I didn't comment on it, but this one is simply stunning!

Cazzy x

Conny said...

Your card is really beautiful! I love your design!
Thanks for joining us at Dream Factory!
Hugs,
Conny

Simi said...

a wonderful card.

thanks for joining us at Dream Factory,
Wishes
Simi :o)

Rosmarie said...

What a gorgeous winter card! Your framing is fantastic!
Thanks for joining us at the Dream Factory.
Rosi x