PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"And So Shines a Good Deed...

...in a weary world."  This quote comes from the original Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory movie starring Gene Wilder.  The scene is in Wonka's office when he denies Charlie his lifetime supply of chocolates.  Although poor, Charlie has a good and generous soul, and places Wonka's secret invention, an everlasting gobstopper, on Wonka's desk instead of selling it to his competition.

This movie quote was the inspiration for my tea candle lamp that I altered with "Cupcakes Galore", a Digi Stamps 4 Joy image.  I got to play with this image as a DT member for the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog, as DS4J is their sponsor this month.

Here is what the full image looks like:
I love working with digital images.  You can do so much with them for whatever project you can dream up.  Today I printed my image twice and just used the three full cupcakes that are front and center.  Then I fussy cut them out and used them to alter a mini hurricane lamp.  I adhered a thin strip of leftover patterned paper to my base, and added some adhesive-backed lace from Recollections and a bit of bright pink ribbon for borders.  Next I threw on the bling, with teal jewels in between my cupcake images, and a line of adhesive-backed pearls from the Paper Studio at the top of my glass.

My daughter loves tea light candles, and she loves cupcakes, and she lights the world with her generosity.  So my mini lamp has made its home in her bedroom.

This month's challenge at the Path of Positivity challenge blog is GENEROSITY.  If you've a mind to share a project or post on this theme, please share with us!
The sponsors and prizes for this challenge are:
 ·   Ten digital images from Creative Bug Digitals for the person out of the top seven who receives the most votes during voting week.
·     Three digital images from Ike's World for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
·     Five digital images from Digi Stamps 4 Joy, our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
·     One digital designer paper from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
·     One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles as well.

2 comments:

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Beautiful job Pat, I just love this altered image. Simply stunning my friend! You've done a great job of showcasing how versatile digi stamps are. I too just think they are fabulous and this one from DS4J is simply scrumdiddilyumptious!

Hugs,
Lisa

nwilliams6 said...

What a great creation. I love Willie Wonka - we had a day at work where I got to decorate a whole table WW style and I had the most fun! This would have been perfect. Love your comments about your daughter! You are such a positive and sweet person. Hugz!