PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Halloween Treat Holder

Have you ever heard of a mussie tussie??  Neither did I until a Facebook group I am on discussed a swap for Halloween!  So of course the first place I went to was Pinterest, and there were a lot of examples! Here is what I came up with.

The treat holder is built up from a "toilet paper roll" base. The first one I made (careful, these are very addicting!)I covered with patterned paper, then adhered the bottom flat.

I added a gorgeous flower spray handmade by my crafting friend Shannon Leffew, to the bottom.  After attaching a string of pearls to the top for a handle, I added some wired organza ribbon and tied a bow front and back.

For embellishments, I added tiny pumpkin buttons to the branches of my spooky tree, and a sticker sentiment "treats."


I started the next mussie tussie the same way, covering a toilet paper roll with patterned paper and closing the bottom flat.  You can't see it in the photo but I used a corrugating tool to emboss some lines into the bottom.

I decided to go with a Dia de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead theme, using the skull patterned paper as well as some cool skull 3D stickers.  Purple and pink are the main colors here, so I inked the edges of my container with purple ink.

I adhered a crown to my skull, inking it first with the coordinating pink color. I also used black lace tied into a bow at the top of my cone, attaching a tag that reads "Dia de los Muertos.  A few sequins and coordinating sticker flourishes finish off my mussie tussie.  I used Tim Holtz Idea-ology tinsel ribbon for the handle here.

You might see more mussie tussies on my blog, as these are SO addicting and fun to make.  While these two are for the swap, I'll be making more for my co-workers and sisters and neighbors and...

Now I have to think of what to fill it up with!  Candy?  Crafting supplies? Hmmm, I think this might take more time than it did to make my mussie tussies!!

1 comment:

nwilliams6 said...

Fun creations! Love them! How about candy AND crafting supplies! Hugz!