PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Some Bunny Loves You

...especially this bunny, called "Lil Ragamuffin Bunny" from Addicted to Stamps.  Here she is, showcased on a 2-in-1 card and treat box. 

I went over to Jinky's Crafts Blog and watched the tutorial for making a 3-in-1 card with treat box and treat bag, but wanted something easier.  So I mixed up her instructions a little and came up with a treat box attached to an easel card.

This project is made using two pieces of cardstock and some patterned paper.  It's all in the way it's scored.  So where, oh where, is my green element on my card?  It is St. Pat's Day, and the last day you can win blog candy.  All you have to do is tell me how YOU are going green in your craft room!

My trick today?  I sometimes get packaging that has a clear window with a piece of acetate, either in the mail or something I may have bought at the store, totally un-craft-related.  Well, you guessed it, I save those clear pieces of treasure.  When I cut out the window for my treat box, I found a piece of stahed acetate that I adhered to it and voila, a treat box with a window!!

So I plan to make a few of these for the next girls' day out with my mom and sisters.  I'll box them with the cool scoring tool I have called the Boxer/Enveloper ScorBoard.  With it I can make envies up to a couple inches thick!!  Here's what the card will look like laying in its box.

Cardstock: DCWV Textured Stack
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey Sulky
Image: Addicted to Stamps by artist Sherri Baldy
Ink: Copics and Tim Holtz' Distress Ink Tattered Rose
Diecuts: Nestabilities Lacy Ovales
Embellies: Making Memories Heart-shaped brads, paper roses by Michael's Reminisce line, adhesive-backed pearls, paper rose stickers by Shabby Chic, Stickles

Are you interested in free digi images from Addicted to Stamps?  Click HERE.http://addicted-to-stamps.blogspot.com/p/freebies.html

Now for the really fun news!  Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge Blog has a new challenge that started yesterday.  Make an animal-kingdom themed card for this challenge, using one of their digis.  You can see the details HERE!!  Good luck and have fun!!



5 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful card! Clever idea about the treat box!

Holly Young said...

This is just adorable pat!

Delightful Designs by Katherine said...

One of my favorite images and I love your treat box.

Shawna said...

Love it Pat!

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a beautiful box card pat.

greetings karin