PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, March 2, 2012

Going Green with Queen Kat Designs

Another day, another use for paint chips!!  This time I glued two pieces of coordinating paint chips together, punched a hole in the center of the square, cut in from each corner to ALMOST the center (because of course if you cut all the way to the center you would have four triangles!) and then punched holes on the left corner of each "almost triangle" of my paint chip.  I attached each hole-punched corner with a brad, so that the corners, when brought to the center, formed a pinwheel.
I added a large jewel onto the brads end so it wouldn't show.

So what can you do with a handmade pinwheel made out of paint chips?  Practically anything, crafters, the sky's the limit.  Today I made a card using Queen Kat Design's "Unicorn" by artist Christina Lynn Myers.  Since the pinwheel was a combo of navy and teal colors, I stamped my image with Navy ink, then used coordinating teal colors for the image, adding a little Copic shading with RV00 for the lines of my mythical creature.

I'm having fun with my newest sets of Spellbinders Nestabilities.  This one is called FLeur de Lis Rectangles.  I inked an embossed card front for the background, added some teal webbing, popped my pinwheel onto the side, with the metal charm letters spelling out DREAM, and attached my image to the card to finish it off.  If you look close you can see a little printing on the paint chip; that identifies the color.  I kind of like the fact that it shows up!!

So three things to remember from this blog post:  Queen Kat Design has new releases, which includes this gorgeous Unicorn image; I am giving away Blog Candy to everyone who "goes green" and links a photo of their project in the comment section below; and there are a million uses for paint chips, as well as other items you may have thought of as trash.

Check out the QKD Facebook page for all the March releases in the next week.  Check out my March 1 post for details of my blog candy challenge.  Keep crafting!!

3 comments:

Holly Young said...

How cute! I love the little pinwheel and the jewel dresses it up nicely!

Melissa said...

Pretty card! Love the colors and the dark color on the pinwheel gives it a pop. Great job!

Sue in CT said...

OMG! That is fantastic! I love it! You did a wonderful job on it. I would never of thought to use the pinwheel like that. Wonderful!