PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, June 27, 2011

Somebody Squealed...

...that Hambo Hoedown was offering another challenge: use wire, twine, yarn, fiber, ANYTHYING BUT RIBBON OR LACE! So here is my latest creation, a birthday card that any swine would love, but especially the swine behind these bars. I'm using Hambo Stamps Pig Inmate- digi image, colored with Copics and adhered to the inside of my card. The front has a window cut, on which I placed a leftover piece of DCWV Green Stack patterned paper and the first part of the sentiment from Hambo, "Somebody squealed..."
On the inside is my image and the second part of the sentiment, "...that it's your birthday."
I used black wire strung vertically across the open window to keep my little piggy in its cell. The only thing that keeps him happy is his rainbow-colored uniform (in celebration of Gay Pride today).
So swing on by the Hambo Challenge Blog. Every participant is a winner!

6 comments:

NoraAnne said...

This is SO cute :) I love how his little cell is amongst all the pretty wildlife! He will have some company while he is incarcerated and his outfit is fab!
Thanks for playing in the hoedown!

Hey Hey Paula said...

WOW! This little piggy has a cool cell! Great job on the challenge. Thanks for playing along.

Unknown said...

What a fun card! Love the DP you used....the burlap is a really nice touch!


Thanks for joining us at the Hambo Hoedown!

Jenn

Sherry Hickey said...

Adorable! I love that page from the Green Stack and the piggy's rainbow prison shirt! Your card is just so much fun; great job!!

Melissa said...

Love it!
Mel

Marcie Sharp said...

I love how colourful your piggy is! Very cute! Thanks for playing along with us in the Hoedown this week!