PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, June 23, 2011

First Card Using The Ultimate Tool

(written on Wednesday, 6/22) Just so excited! I won the Ultimate Crafter’s Companion Tool from Crafter’s Companion Challenge Blog last month!! My prize came yesterday so I couldn’t wait to dig in and create something with it.
As I placed it on my work table to start reading instructions, the power went out. We spent the next three hours in the basement, power out, granddaughter over, watching Dora DVDs until my laptop battery pooped out. No creating last night!!
Today we got our power back, one of the very few lucky areas to get it, so I did what any other red-blooded American crafter would do---I plugged in the computer to the charger to the outlet and started watching the tutorial DVD that came with it!!!
So here is my first project with the Ultimate of ultimate crafting tools. Using an image from my new Fairyopolis Summer Collection stamps (two actually, as you will see soon), I made a Summer Card for the June Challenge at the Crafter’s Companion Challenge Blog (I am so greedy, I now want to win the Paint Fusion Bundle they’re giving away in June!).


What’s so special about this card, you ask? Well, as you can see from the second photo, I made it into a “pop out” card using the Ultimate Tool and the tutorial DVD! My first pop out card ever!
I colored the first fairy image for the front using Copics: RV001; Y17, 11; BG10 & 72. I used Crystal Stickles for some shine, dotting a frame on the outside of the image. I cut out hearts with a punch and glitzed them up with same Stickles before using them as photo corners, added two Princess Jewel brads at the top, and placing a butterfly (OTC) on the page. This was all framed out on PaperTrey cardstock and a wide piece of lace.
On the inside, I colored the fairy with same Copics plus RV34, then spritzed some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Bubblegum Pink and attached to the inside of my cardstock base. Using the Ultimate Tool, I scored a piece of handmade patterned paper and cut out the heart shape in the center, affixing it at both sides, so that when the card is closed, it lays flat, and when the card is open, the heart pops out and you have an extra scene to peek into. The sentiment is also from Crafter’s Companion Fairyopolis stamp set, and says “Every little girl wants to be a fairy”.
So hurry now, you have until the end of the month to get in on the challenge and be in the running for some awesome prizes!
I have to go to work in half an hour, so I don’t have any more time to play with my new toy, but I did want to post this on my blog and show the wonderful team over at Crafter’s Companion how much I’m enjoying my prize. Mil gracias for this fantastic addition to my crafting habitat!! Thank you so much.

2 comments:

AmyT said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for entering the Crafter's Companion giveaway.

Melissa said...

Very pretty!

Mel