PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Quilted Cards

I am not a sewer. Not with material, not with paper. The way I make blankets is to buy two pieces of fleece, cut fringe on the ends and tie the pieces together. I've been known to use duct tape to repair a hem.
So being a part of this quilted card swap is a stretch for me. One of my 2010 goals is to learn or use new techniques (new to me, that is).
The stitching required for the swap did not have to be real sewing, so I used a zigzag stitch tape runner from Daisy Ds for the faux stitching. The dp is an assortment from DCWV, K & Co and others. I decorated the insides and envies for these cards as well.
Next on my list for the month is to finish some Jumbo ATCs that use recycled items. My daughter used to have the most delicious sheers in her bedroom. They were comprised of streamers with flowers on them. When her style and mood changed, I spent a whole evening pulling the flowers oh so carefully off the streamers to use in my crafting. I think they qualify as recycled items.
I want to give a shout out to my penpal, Sarti, from Finland. Hi, Sari!! We have been exchanging stamped images for a few months now, and I hope she enjoys the images I send her as much as I enjoy those she sends to me.

No comments: