PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, March 2, 2009

More on Australia


Here are the next pages in my Australia layout. I used mostly CTMH papers that were given to me at the crop by my tablemate. What a generous soul!!
The first page relates our airport layover, although I can't complain too much. Even though it was about eleven hours and waiting, we had been bumped to Business class and so had free rein of the Business class lounge. Half of us (me included) even took showers while there, along with a free buffet and internet -ready computers.
Good thing we were spoiled on our way, because once we hit land it was very rugged---walking, bus and train hopping, walking (all with our luggage), then putting down our beds on the floor of an Olympic Park parking garage with about 1200 other pilgrims. Did I mention the abnormally cold weather Sydney was enjoying at the time?
I can smile and laugh about it now, but at night when my feet were tingling and hurting and I was wearing three layers of clothes and a silly winter hat to keep me warm in my sleeping bag, it wasn't funny. Our host church later in the week more than made up for our suffering. More on that later...

No comments: