PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, January 26, 2009

48 Snowflake Favors for Work


So I got to use my craft at work today. I just finished making 48 (!) snowflake favors for a catechist meeting this Wednesday night.
After printing in black the "Legend of the Snowflake" on off-white cardstock, I cut and hole-punched each card. I then stamped snowflakes with assorted SU snowflake stamps using CTMH "Ocean" ink and Anna Griffin 19ABlue pigment ink. I drew a border around the card in a coordinating color, and then inked the edges with the Blue pigment ink. The snowflakes are from Oriental Trading Company, on clearance for about 50 cents each. Here's the Legend of the Snowflake:
Long ago, a gleaming star led the way to a child born in a manger. Today it is believed that snowflakes are little pieces of that special star that leads us to the Light of the World, Jesus. God thinks you are unique, just like a snowflake.
Not the most poignant saying, but it works in the dead of winter at a Catholic school meeting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute favors Pat! I love the new colors on your blog. They are bright, cheery & call out for spring to come