PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, January 8, 2023

The Zen is Mightier than the Sword (a misquote)

 
I find the art of Zen Doodling fascinating. When I doodle, my focus is on the ink strokes. My mind is focused on each line drawn. I am truly present in the moment. Since starting in late 2022, I have decreased my blood pressure and fell calmer. 

I have a Doodle today that I decided would look nice colored. I used colored pencils after drawing with a black gel pen. As you can see, I liked it so much I framed it! LOL I now have an art journal almost entirely devoted toward Zen Doodling.

There are hundreds of YouTube videos and Pinterest posts to start you on your way towards lessening the stress in your life. I'm surprised that therapists and doctors don't add Zen Doodling to their list of ways to relax. 

I hope you give it a try. You don't even have to "know how to draw". I'd like to see more art like this on blogs. My next few posts will include Zen Doodling as I am having fun with my "new" discovery...
 

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is so VERY Beautiful Pat, a lovely mix of colours and love the design. AND the frame, good for you feeling so much better with doodling.
Faith x