PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, November 1, 2019

Kill Them with Kindness at Ike's World Challenge Blog


Today I have two projects to inspire you to always stretch your comfort zone. I've used the lovely digi, Spanish Dancer, from Ike's Art. It's one of my favorite images; maybe because my cousin dances and teaches Flamenco. I admire her for that.
Anyway, I was trolling YouTube videos and came across an artist who used all manner of items, food and supplies in his project, so I thought I'd have a go at it. First, I colored the top half of my image with Copics. Then I emptied my supply of flowers and chose these white ones with the colored jewel centers.
I then played with each flower like a piece of a jigsaw puzzle, slowly putting them together to form my dancer's flowing skirt. I love how it came out. So I tried another medium.
This time I used red lace. This was more difficult as I had to fold it over and back for the different layers of the image's dress. It was also harder to get the lace to sit right at my dancer's waist. I love the dimension of this one more, but I'll need to iron the lace next time so it lies on the canvas more accurately.

So which one do you like better? I'm definitely revisiting this type of mixed media canvas. The challenge at Ike's World Challenge Blog this month runs to the end of November, so you should have plenty of time to experiment and try new techniques or materials. Just remember, treat yourself with kindness as you stretch out of your comfort zone. Whether you succeed with your attempts, or it ends up in the trash, you are trying to grow in your art and that makes you a winner!

Don't forget you could also be a winner of free digis from Ike's Art Store, so make sure you link your project to the main blog!

1 comment:

ike said...

OMGoodness - these are absolutely stunning !! I can't decide which one I like best as they are both soooo pretty :-) Fabulous work :-D
Thank you for making this for me at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog