PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Path of Perseverance is Worth Every Step

I was browsing my digi images (which is so much easier than sorting through my rubber stamps) and re-discovered this little cutie from Ike's Art. She's called Back to School, and I bet you think my internal calendar is way off, as kids all over are counting the days until summer break.
But this month's theme at the Path of Positivity blog is Perseverance, and Ike's image struck a chord with me. When my soon-to-graduate-college daughter was in Kindergarten, I was informed by her school that her reading skills were lagging behind.
I jumped at the chance to have her tutored, spending even more time with her and her favorite books than I ever had before. There were days when she would cry in frustration (me too) but she persevered. After just the one year, she no longer needed extra help, and by fifth grade she was reading at a high school level!
So my card, whose sentiment reads, "So many books, so little time," is in memory of her perseverance and success. I am so proud of her!
Prizes for this month are:
       *A $10 gift certificate from Ike's Art, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or                     project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
  • A $25 gift certificate from Deedee's Digis, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
There will also  be:
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital Stamps for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
  • One digital designer paper (made to order in a few different ways) from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
  • One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.
My card uses: Ike's Art image called Back to School
                        DCWV card base
                        Digital background patterned paper, shaped frame, bow, brads and flowers from                                   Decosse's Dynamite Doodles
                        miscellaneous peals, sequins, lace border and paper doily
Other Challenges I am Entering:
Crafting When We Can - One for the Kids
Cupcake Inspirations - Inspiration Photo












Sentimental Sundays - Cute or Funny sentiment (So many Books, So little Time)
Sister Act - Anything Goes 
Creative Artiste challenge - Design Seeds color board

3 comments:

ike said...

What a fabulous story and I am soooo glad that you both got through it and she came out such an ace reader :-D Thank you very much for using one of my images for this fabulous creation :-D

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page

KezzasCraft said...

Interesting story and awesome project ..good use of colour tones and bright n cheerful!! Good luck and thanks for entering our challenge at Creative Artiste Challenge Blog
DT
Kerry Atherton

Wheelie Crafty said...

Gee Pat gorgeous card again, and yes a great story, the colours are awesome... Thanks for entering our challenge at Creative Artiste Challenge Blog... Good Luck and we hope to see you join in again next month...

Hugs
Rhonda DT
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au