PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, April 21, 2014

Butterfly Takeover

This week the challenge over at Squigglefly is to use butterflies on your project--in the image, your papers, your shape--anywhere! I decided to make a purse prayer journal for my girlfriend. It measures about 3x4 inches, has a velcro closure and is perfect for those down times, those sometimes anxious times, like waiting at the doctor's office for test results, before or after Mass in church, or even running late for work but waiting on a long, l-o-n-g freight train.
I used Pamela Lehto's artwork entitled "Even Today," a Squigglefly April release. I die-cut the image with my Epic Six and Nestabilities die. I tried to fold in the middle and it mussed up a little, but I don't think she'll mind. I embellished with butterflies and jewels.
I love the versatility of Squigglefly digital images. I've used them on tiny 3x3 cards as well as on 12x12 layouts and canvas. I've printed in different sizes, flipped it to their mirror image, and printed on patterned papers and transparencies. All with using just Microsoft Picture Manager--no fancy photo editing software!
So now that you know how easy peasy it is to use digis, check out the Squigglefly store and pick out your favorites. Then come play with us at this week's butterfly challenge!!
Other challenges I am entering:
Open-Minded Crafting Challenge Blog - Easter or Pastels

10 comments:

Denise Goeldner said...

Fabulous altered notebook love all the colours, well done. Thanks so much for joining us over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges, good luck and hope to see you again.
~ Denise DT ~
Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}

Tammy said...

Beautiful and such a meaningful sentiment!

nwilliams6 said...

Pat, this is such a super idea - what a great way to do a sentiment you really want to focus on and your butterfly is so colorful and pretty! Love this! Hugz!

nwilliams6 said...

Pat, this is such a super idea - what a great way to do a sentiment you really want to focus on and your butterfly is so colorful and pretty! Love this! Hugz!

cass said...

Beautiful Easter card, thanks for joining us at Open Minded Challenges this fortnight

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!!! Absolutely!! I love all the elements.. the papers.. Just beautiful!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

Kathy Bradley said...

Pat,
Such a lovely card - wow!!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Great job on this week's challenge. I love how it looks like a book! Cheers, Holley

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is such a wow - I just keep looking at it - it is Fabulous!!

Holly Young said...

What a thoughtful gift for your friend Pat! I really love how this turned out. Wonderful verse, and such pretty papers!