PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Tag You're It--Christmas Tags, That Is!

The house is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.  The tree is up, there are even presents underneath it already!  Started my Christmas baking and froze the dough (you can't trust me with chocolate chip cookie dough).  And I am up to my elbows in ink and ribbon and bows and Mod Podge!!  I'm making it a homemade Christmas this year!

I had my newest granddaughter over to the house for some Christmas crafting recently.  When I asked her in October what she wanted for her birthday, she said a day crafting with my new grandma!  She has already won my heart, and now she's won my Copics (and my stash and whatever else she can create with).
Here she is working on some "Santa Hat" brownies.
We took a break from our painting and stamping to make some sweet treats for later.

She made some awesome presents for her siblings and her cousins.  Two of her cousins are getting an altered Starbucks Frappe bottle crafted into a Christmas treat container.  The youngest cousin and her new step-sister (my Bella) are getting handmade fleece pillows.  And she also made snowman ornaments out of round coasters for her uncles, aunts and grandparents!  She was one busy crafter.

Meanwhile, I managed to pump out a couple projects myself.  One of them are these cute wooden Christmas tags using Crafters' Companion stamps from the Humphrey collection.
First I used alcohol inks and blotted some red and green ink onto my tags.  I used a green Copic marker on the edges.  Then I stamped small reindeer from the Humphrey Christmas set and used a scallop circle punch on them.  I framed them with red cardstock and adhered them to the tags.  The set came with a couple sentiments, so I used the "For You" sentiment and framed them in red as well.
I tied the sentiments onto the tags with white ribbon and finished off each with some Stickles around the edges.  I added a bit of green lace to the bottom of one.
Come back tomorrow for the Handmade Christmas Gift Blog Hop!  I'll show you my next project and if you hop along the way, you're bound to find inspiration around every corner!!


1 comment:

kdnkdd said...

Love your tags. It must be awesome crafting with your granddaughter.