PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, July 18, 2011

This week’s Challenge at Squigglefly Challenge Blog is to make a project that “uses a human or animal image that shows hands, feet (shoes, footie pj's, etc are ok), paws or claws, or incorporates fingerprints, footprints or animal tracks into your project”


I printed this Squigglefly digi-image “Up a Creek” three times, colored them all, and used the full image for the base, adding the canoe and bears and fish tail and head with pop dots for dimension, and finishing with the front of the canoe adhered with more pop dots.

I colored the image with Copics.

I added some shimmer to the water with Stickles, and added some Gold Stickles to simulate sunshine reflecting off the sand and the fish tail.

I made a frame card using my Epic Six and Nestabilities Scallop die, my first card of this kind (actually my second, you don’t want to see what the first looked like), and placed some fish beads on wire to frame out each side.

My sentiment, handprinted, is the thought that runs constantly through the wife’s mind (seated in the back). I think she was hoping for some shopping instead!

Now it’s your turn to play along in the Squigglefly Challenge Blog! You can use any image to play along, but to be eligible for the prize you must use a Squigglefly image. Head on over to the shop, or check out our freebies! If you're the winner you get to choose any Squigglefly image for free!!

8 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

This is such a cute image, and you did a great job with it. Great coloring...and I like the way you added the stickles on the water.

marilynprestonn said...

How cute this little bear is rowing down the river. Just love the sparkles and the fun way you framed your scene. Well done. :)Peggy

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Really sweet 3D frame you made, almost looks like a shadow box. Loving all the Stickles in the water.

Stephanie said...

Pat.......Your card is just adorable. I have to try doing what you did with printing it several times and then popping parts up on dimensionals...It really makes it look amazing!

Tammy said...

Wonderful card and perfect sentiment! Such a happy card.

Holly Young said...

How funny is that sentiment?! I absolutely love it! Your coloring is just gorgeous and the dimension with the popped up pieces is wonderful!

Heather said...

Hello Headliner! Great job on your challenge card- the coloring is fantastic and I love how you used a window to frame the image.

Jane said...

I always think the little bears are so cute. Nice job!