PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, January 12, 2015

Live Long and Prosper in the New Year!

I grew up on Disney movies and Star Trek. I'm tickled that my kids are also growing up with Star Trek! And now I get to craft with one of my fave quotes from Mr. Spock!
The hand symbol, "Live Long and Prosper," is my inspiration for my New Year's card today. The digi, released by Squigglefly this month, is from Lynne Stansbery, one of my fave artists (so it's a win-win situation). She draws a lot of digi images using hands and they are all so realistic and touching-I know, as I have most of them! LOL
Anyway, I thought the hand gesture deserved a proper background, so I pulled a scene from some Star Trek free clipart for the background. It's not very apparent in my photo, but Spock's hand has a touch of green, as every Trekkie knows he is an alien from the planet Vulcan. The ship in the background, the Enterprise, is one on which I've taken many voyages throughout the years. Although captains may have changed, Vulcans are long-lived, and Mr. Spock has been known to make an appearance or two on each new series or movie.
But back to my card...Squigglefly has a new challenge this week, and it is also one of my favorites--ANYTHING GOES! So, crafters, have your way with your supplies, and remember, if you use a Squigglefly image, you'll be in the running for free digis. Good luck, and have fun!!
CHALLENGES I AM ENTERING:
Scribble & Scrap - Always Anything Goes
Come & Get It challenges - Humorous cards
Paper Creator's Crafts - ANything Goes
Crafting From the Heart - Anything Goes


11 comments:

PennyRae's Mandala Creation's said...

Nice card. Thanks for joining us at LOC. PennyRae DT

Unknown said...

Wow, what an original card. Fantastic idea. Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart Wendy (DT).xx

Barb said...

What a nice card, very different with a lovely design. Thanks for sharing with us at the Come And Get It challenge. Barb

TangledBlueRose said...

Such a fun card! Caught my eye right away and made me giggle :)
...in a good way! I grew up with Star Trek and not ashamed to admit I still watch it ( and know the episode titles)!
Great play and thanks so much for joining us, Left of Center!~kim

BEX said...

Loads of fun - love it. Thanks for playing at LOC.

KristyLee said...

So fun looking!! Nice job! Thank you for sharing with us at LOC challenges!
Peace,
Kristy
(LOC DT)

Unknown said...

Cool card, original idea! I as well enjoy watching Star Trek! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act card challenge and good luck!

N-Eva said...

Love these projects so much! The details in your card are perfect! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Alyx said...

Fab card. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Steph said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at LOC.

cotnob said...

This is a fun card.
Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator's Crafts.
Pauline
x
I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/