PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Two-fer Wednesday!

I love when I can make two different cards with the same design and the same image! Above is a birthday card I made for my sweet hubby. He is now officially two years older than I. In April, I celebrate my own birthday and we go back to his being only one year older (hey, gotta take it when it's there). LOL
I used a gorgeous image from Art by Miran called "Winter Sofia." Since I adore the color teal, I drenched my card in that color, using Copics to color up Sofia, and papers to enhance the tone. I added a bit of shimmer with Stickles. I'm entering my card into the Art by Miran Challenge blog, where every challenge is Anything Goes, my fave kind of challenge! Check out the inspiration there, and go play!
My second card is almost identical, with just a tweak of coloring, and a little less sparkle. Don't you love the lace I used? I got lucky at this summer's rummage sale and found a small box of various laces. This card is for the 12 Months of Christmas Challenge blog. It's a progressive challenge with prizes for participating each month. I'm a little behind, as this month is past the midway mark, but better late than never!
Other Challenges I am entering:
Fab & Gunky Challenges - Buttons! (my snowflakes are buttons w/the hanks cut off)
Frilly & Funky Challenges - Winter
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter - All Wrapped Up
Scrapper's Delights Challenges - Favorite Colors (mmm, teal & pink!)
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges - Something Old, Something New (old lace, new image)

15 comments:

Julie Odil said...

These cards are so sweet! I love that image -- and that lace!!! Thanks for joining us as the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up. Julie, DT member

Desire Fourie said...

Pat this is a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. It is perfect for our 23rd ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Debby Kuster said...

thanks for playiny with us at FNF

Nice button it up card you made, love your stamped image

hugs Debby

Niinu said...

So beautiful cards! You are very talented lady;your colouring is amazing!

Isobel said...

Lovely cards nice lace detail thanks for joining us at Scrappers Delights good luck x

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

Nikki said...

Pretty card in gorgeous colours. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.

Nikki

Judith said...

What a cute colourful image and cute little snowflake buttons too! thank you so much for joining in our button it! challenge at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week hugs Judith xx

Amy A said...

This is so adorable! Love how you've used the lace here. Thank you for playing along with us at Inspiration Destination Challenges- We sure hope you join us again!

Amy- DT Inspiration Destination Challenges
{Lil Cutie Creations}

Judith said...

Whoops!! here I am again - still love your card! - and thank you for playing along at The Paper Shelter all wrapped up challenge this week hugs Judith xx

Jenny Marples said...

A lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Pamellia said...

So beautiful, Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Winter Wishes' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Hey Pat! I just wanted to pop over and officially welcome you to The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up. I'm so pleased you've found us and I hope that you'll be able to continue to join us throughout the year. I'm glad to see you had the chance to link up two Christmas cards this month, earning you your free digital paper for January. Don't forget though, that if you follow the optional theme, you also have a chance at an additional prize.

Your card is lovely. I just love that colour as well and that lace you managed to find is just gorgeous. Sweet image too. Hope to see you again next month too!

☺ Lisa D.
Co-coordinator for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles – My Personal Blog!
Path of Positivity – My other challenge blog!

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is so sweet and colourful. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Marlene DT

M DelValle said...

Great card and colors!! Thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delights!