PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Deep Freeze in Chicago Inspires Today's Project

Tomorrow, temps will not just dip but DIVE well below ZERO. Wind chills tomorrow evening will be between 30 and 40 below zero. Brrr!
The weather has inspired me to create a winter canvas on wood using an image from Simply Betty Stamps. She's called Brittney Bundled Up, which is what I need to do to get to work tomorrow! It's going to take my car longer to warm up so I can drive it, than the trip to my office will take. LOL
Anyway, I've had a few of these oval pieces of wood since I was in Girl Scouts, and finally decided to clean them out of my craft room. Lord knows how they kept getting packed up and moved from state to state throughout the years, but now they'll be gifted friends and family over the coming months.
I used Mod Podge to set my base after coloring my image with Copics. I love using the color teal especially on winter projects. It makes me happy, and crafting also makes me happy, so it's a win-win situation.
Embellishments include lightly-shaded teal pearls, and glittery snowflake buttons, part of my stash, left over from Christmas this year.
I committed to a New Year's Pay It Forward promise, to send the first five people who make the same commitment a little something special this year to each. My cousin Debbie lives in Texas and was the first person to commit to pay it forward, and she has let me know that a piece of art would please her greatly, so I'm going to box this up and send it to her this month. Nothing like starting the year off right!

**Challenges I am entering**
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Love to Create - Anything Goes
PaperMinutes - Snow but NOT a Christmas card
PaperTake Weekly - Anything Goes w/optional Twist- Gift (for my cousin)
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Favorite Embellishment (teal pearls)
Try It on Tuesday - Favorite Things (teal anything)

11 comments:

Heike said...

your card is so cute. Love the girl with the flakes.

Hugs, Heike

Kitt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kitt said...

Brrr it's cold outside. Crafting keeps your mind off the cold but inspired a great card. Well done. Thanks for sharing with us at Pins Challenges

Kathryn said...

beautiful image and coloring! Thanks for playing with us at Party Time Tuesdays! :)

Mrs.B said...

Great card. Love your image.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril

Unknown said...

Very cool project! I haven't seen anything like it. Cold weather is the perfect weather for crafting; thanks for sharing it with us at Party Time Tuesdays :)
Cheers!
Sara
www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com

NanaConnie said...

Sweet image for a wintry card, Pat! Love the coloring. We really appreciate you playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Through the Craft Room Door this week. Good luck and I hope we see you again next week.
NanaConnie DT

Nance said...

Pretty wintry plaque! Thanks for sharing it at {PIN}spirational Challenges!

Pamellia said...

Beautiful card, I love teal too!! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday for our 'My Favourite Things' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Clickersister said...

Cute card! I'm not too far away, just 3 hours southeast in Indiana, so I understand the cold some!

Deanne Saunders said...

Oh how cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Look forward to seeing you in our next challenge!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper