PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, January 12, 2015

Black & White + 1 Favorite Additional Color a Challenge

Some crafters love the monochromatic, CAS challenge of a Black & White color challenge. I'm not necessarily a fan, but I managed to fill my card with color regardless!
I used a fantasy image from Poppyseed Graphics and colored her (just barely) with V12 Copic marker.
After die-cutting her out and framing her with black cardstock, I pooped her onto a winter-scape in purples. I added both black and purple embellishments, while the quote is printed in purple and has a couple black snowflakes to adorn it.
Poppyseed Graphics is one of two guest sponsors this week at the Outlawz Greetings, whose newest challenge is to make a card or project with "Black + White Plus 1" as a color scheme.
All Dressed Up is the other guest sponsor, and if you go to the Outlawz challenge, you can see all the vibrantly-colored Black & White cards there by the rest of the DT (I know, amazing how much color can be used on this type of challenge).
If it's difficult to read, here's what my sentiment is:
"Oh! where do fairies hide their heads,
 When snow lies on the hills,
 When frost has spoiled their mossy beds,
 And crystallized their rills?" (Thomas Haynes Payly)

Other challenges I am entering:
Sister Act Card Challenges - Anything Goes
Paper Creator's Crafts - Anything Goes

2 comments:

Lau W said...

Very nice card !
Thanks for your participation at the Paper Creator Challenge ! xx

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such a pretty additional colour.
Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator's Crafts.
Pauline
x
I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/