PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, January 19, 2015

Snow Much Fun on the Outlawz Greetings Challenge

In honor of the snow covering the ground near Chicago, I created a winter card sprinkled with snowflakes. It's perfect for the Outlawz Greetings challenge this week--Let It Snow!
I used a lovely image from one of this month's guest sponsors, Angie's Digi Store. The digi is called Butterfly on Toadstool. I love using digis in unexpected ways-today using a spring-themed digi on a winter card. My sentiment explains it all: "Always maintain a kind of summer even in the middle of winter." It's a quote from Henry David Thoreau, and one of my faves! (BTW, in the Greetings challenges, you must use a sentiment to qualify for prizes)
I used a leftover piece of patterned paper from a DCWV paper stack to set my scene. After coloring my image with Copics, I fussy-cut it out and placed it in my "forest." I finished off my card with a few glittery snowflakes and the stamped sentiment. Simple yet heartfelt.
Outlawz Greetings offers weekly challenges with fun themes, and monthly drawings for prizes.


No comments: