PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tipping My Crafter's Hat to Mr. Poe


Today I honor one of my fave authors, Mr. Edgar Allan Poe.  One of my fave stories from his compilation of writing includes the short story, The Tell-Tale Heart.  

I remember doing a college independent study on him and his macabre works of fiction.  I also remember that I got an A on that 30 page final. 
So I’ve been playing with Mod Podge a lot lately, mostly on mixed media canvas art.  I decided to see what it looks like on a card, so I used a smidge of it on this card, adhering a torn piece of leftover Valentine napkin and some vellum sheet music to create my background.
Then I distressed with ink. I used a mirrored tile and some ribbon to give it a little shine.  I tore up the phrase  "master of macabre” and placed the words on the embellishments on my card.  
The arrow, heart and banner are chipboard stickers from Basic grey.  The phrase, ribbon and mirror are all part of a generous card kit I received from my good friend and fellow artist, Jean.  We have a Facebook page on which crafters can join in monthly card kit swaps create, and show off their work on our page.  Here's the link:  
Hope to see you there!

No comments: