PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, February 1, 2013

Let's Paint the Town Dead



Are you ready for the Zombie Apocalypse?  I am with this new card I made for Forever Night Creepy Challenge Blog!!  Their newest challenge is to use Pearls and Flowers on a card.   I started with an image called Zombie Stella from Meljens Designs, one of this week's sponsors at Forever Night.

Isn't she cute?  All dressed up for her night on the town.  If you think you might meet her, better bring your shotgun!! LOL
I used patterned paper that looks like lace, colored my image with Copics and popped her onto the card front.  A tiny string of pearls frames my image, while a trio of flowers rests toward the bottom.  My sentiment, "Let's Paint the Town Dead" was printed using Microsoft Word.

My next card uses an image from another of this week's sponsors,  Limited Runs, called Chomp.  The set comes with two fish images: one is "alive" and the other, the one I used, is, well, not quite alive! LOL
I used a blue cardstock base and attached a piece of patterned paper to it.  I added a strip of background skulls on one side, and then I covered the whole surface with this wide, plastic woven ribbon.
I attached my Copic-colored Chomp image with dimensional tape, as well as my computer-printed sentiment, "Greetings from the Dead Sea".  I added some flowers with tiny skulls in their centers, and finished off the card with a few floating pearls.
This card will be for my girlfriend, with whom I visit and talk at our favorite meeting place, Red Lobster!

Do you love Halloween the way I do?  Come join us at Forever night Creepy Challenges Blog to inspire your creativity and satisfy the dark side of your crafting!!

Other Challenges this week:
Joyful Stamper Blog - Anything Goes!

No comments: