PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, February 2, 2013

QKD February Releases


It's so hard to keep warm in the winter time, especially if you live in the Northern half of the world (or southern half if you're below the equator).  When I saw these new Queen Kat Designs February releases from Laura Macy, I thought that they would be perfect to use on treat cards that would warm up anyone's afternoon.  I colored Love Birds with my trusty Copics.
Since Valentine's Day is coming up and I'm a busy little crafter before each holiday, I decided to make a treat box with it.  This one is called a "Pull Treat Card" and I first made one a long time ago at a stamp party.

I cut a piece of cardstock 8.5x5.75" and scored and folded at 2-1/2" and 6-1/2".  I popped my colored image onto a piece of patterned paper after punching the corners.  I did a little distressing with my blender tool and some distress ink.  I added lace on the top and bottom and placed it on the center part of my folded cardstock.'Then I adhered the back flaps together and punched a hole at the top through it all.

If you thread a piece of ribbon (or lace like I used) from the front to the back, you can then add a treat, like a pack of gum, a candy bar, or a packet of hot cocoa on top of the ribbon inside the card.  Push it down until it meets the bottom edge of the card, then tie it at the top.

When you pull on the bow at the top, the treat comes up out of its card:
So my treat card with the Love Birds stamped image (as well as the hot cocoa) will warm anyone's Valentine's Day!!

Now that I have a full complement of grandkids, I can once more plunge into the realm of Easter crafting, too, especially when it comes to treats!  I used Laura's Vintage Bunny stamp to make an Easter treat pull card, again coloring the image with Copics.

I made the card a bit bigger to hold not cocoa, but a packet of microwave popcorn.  I used a piece of Bright Rainbow colored ribbon for the pull part.  I also added my granddaughter's name to the front.

QKD has a lot of new releases for February, including Laura's Love Birds and Vintage Bunny, so check out the Shop for some inspiration!!

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Love your projects,so cute...