PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, February 15, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things


Today I want to showcase three of my favorite cards.  I could say I'm feeling nostalgic, but there is a method to my madness.  Delicious Doodles is having a Design Team call and asks for a post of three fave projects.
The problem was I had trouble choosing just three, so one of the ways I whittled down my selection was to choose just from the cards I've made, no altered art, no decor, not gifts or layouts.  Just cards--I hope you like them!
The first uses a stamped image from Crafters' Companion on an easel card.  Making easel cards is easier than crafters who've never tried them think. But I wanted to create a twist to the "open" or stand up part of it. The reason this is one of my faves is the pure architecture of the card.  The colors coordinate, the image isn't lost in the embellishments, but mostly the lines of the card are beautiful.


Next up is a pretty stamped image from Sweet Pea.  I like this card because I used patterned papers to set my scene, and the colors are not your normal ones.  I also like that I set the image by herself, yet she is so much a part of the whole scene.
You can also tell I love to distress!  By crumpling,sanding and inking the "sandy beach", it has more dimension to it.
The whispy white bow makes a nice cloud, don't you think?


Last, I made a card using a HouseMouse image.  It's a simple card, mostly image, paper and a couple embellishments.  I chose this one for two reasons:  the first is I love chocolate! LOL
The second is that I love how the chocolates came out, using my Copic markers.  They look so yummy, and I hope that's because of my coloring!
The colors really pop on the card, and the sentiment just seems to say it all!


So, there you have it--my love of cards and coloring in a nutshell.  Wish me lucl with the DT call, and if you have time on your hands and the need to create, check out Delicious Doodles blog!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Great job on all three. I also love the coloring on the chocolates--just one to grab one and pop it in my mouth! Good luck with the DT call.

Linda W. said...

Beautiful cards Pat - I've always loved your work. My very favorite ate those chocolates - you did such an awesome job it's a real eye fooler. Best of luck on the DT call!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wonderful Pat! I just love them. My favorite has to be that SWALK card though. So stunning. Great work. Cheers, Holley

Sue in CT said...

OMG! I love all three. Them chocolates don't look colored at all, I thought that was a photo. They are just so real looking. Good luck on the DT call. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Unknown said...

Fab cards, thanks entering our DT call and good luck
hugs
Ildiko