PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, February 22, 2013

Inspired by a Song

Forever Night Creepy Challenge Blog has a new theme this week:  Be Inspired by a Song.

I was inspired by the song "Love Potion Number Nine".  I had this lovely image from  Kenny K Designs called Cabaret and already knew I wanted some sheet music for the background.  I distressed the heck out of the paper and the rest of the card fell into place after coloring the image with a mix of Copics and Spectrum Noir markers.
I like that touch of black magic, using a Halloween vellum sticker of the potion bottle.  I added a rub-on of the "No.9", and added some Stickles to make the bottle look like there was a bit of potion left in it.
I will add that Kenny K's image, Cabaret, is lovely enough to not ever have to resort to love potions, but maybe she was in a slump? LOL
Enjoy this week's challenge at Forever Night Creepy Challenge Blog, and as always, keep crafting!!

No comments: