PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, February 15, 2013

Dark (but Late) Valentine


I have one last Valentine card to show you before we're off to another holiday, celebration or theme in the card-making world.  This one was made for Forever Night Creepy Challenges Blog and features an image from their sponsor, Dilly Beans.
It's called "Martin's Heart" and the theme for this week's new challenge on the Forever Night blog is DARK VALENTINE.  I think I accomplished this theme very well!  From the Copic-colored image to the black silhouetted seagulls to the blood-red jewels and the creepy crawly ants coming off of him, dark is the best word to describe this card.
And yet, there is a cuteness to Martin.  That's why I printed the sentiment and framed it in a word bubble: "Everyone needs a little love"  So true, and so my wish today is for everyone to get a little love in their lives.
Now hop along to the challenge blog and catch some inspiration from the rest of the design team!  Come back and tell me your favorite card featured today and I will send you the card above!

No comments: