PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Let It SNOW Blog Hop!!

Welcome to the February 2 Let It Snow Blog Hop!!

 If you've come from Carla's Blog, you're on the right track.  If not, start with Shannon so you don't miss any fun or inspiration.  I decided to make more than one project with a SNOW theme, since there is no snow to be found here in the Windy City.  My first is a card.
I went to a Stampin Up Card workshop this week, and one of the cards was this cute winter scene with embossed snowflakes, a snowman stamped image and glittery snow. The image is glossed over with "snow" by using a piece of packing tape and some glitter--that's it!!  I punched out the circle, put tape on it, sprinkled on the glitter, and then attached my Copic-colored image to peek through the "window".  I used the diamond glitter so that I could use this card in the Outlawz Friday Alcohol Markers Challenge.  Their theme is to use your birthday gem color on your card.  My birthday is in April and my gemstone is DIAMONDS!


Next up is a snow-themed treat:  I made "melting snowmen" cookies!  I got the idea off of Pinterest, and ran with it.  I baked sugar cookies and let them cool.  Then I frosted them and added a marshmallow for his head, decorated with an orange sprinkle and some black icing dots for eyes and stray buttons.



Looks like the only snow I'll see is right here on the Blog Hop.  Weather in Chicago is, well, weird!  As I write this, we have had two days in the mid 60's, and it has rained all night.  Today, I woke to a skinny sheet of ice and snow and wind chills of negative 2 degrees!  My bones are aching, my hair is frizzy and the people driving around are loony tunes.

Maybe by creating the winter layout below, the weather will take the hint and get back to a real Chicago winter!
Next stop on the Hop is ROBIN.  Before you leave, how about leaving a little love?  I have a little prize for a random visitor who leaves me a comment.  Alright, crafters, on your way, and have fun while you're at it!!

6 comments:

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow you were very busy. I love your card and the melting snow man. They are so cute and I bet yummy.
TFS & Happy I could be on the hop with you. AJ-

Mary Ann said...

Love your projects,Super cute...

Unknown said...

Your first card is just darling with the glitter snow!! The cookies look yummy!!!! Nothing better than marshmallows and icing on top of a sugar cookie!! Your last card is pretty too!

In Nebraska our weather has been weird too, but not as extreme as yours. Makes me wish for spring!!!

Glad to be in this hop with you!!

Pamela Lash said...

Beautiful and clever ideas for all your projects and the cookies look yummy! TFS! Enjoyed hopping w/you today!

Janet's Planet said...

First of all, Happy April birthday to you! Mine is April as well and I love diamonds, but mostly just in the glitter like you used. Love your card, and the embossing.The cookies look yummy!! The last card is super and we're not too far away from Chicago, but I know what you mean. 60+ the other day, and today we woke up to about an inch and a half with some more expected. TFS fun to hop with you.
Janet

Unknown said...

My fav is the cookies...they are so cute..! you are very crafty!!!

Robin

http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/