PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mixed Media Mania

I have finally taken the creative plunge with mixed media, and created a couple canvas art projects.  And now I am hooked and can't get enough paint, ink, paper, matte medium and anything else I can throw onto my canvas!!  Mwahaha!  Sorry for the maniacal laugh, but I am giddy with creative juices, and can't wait to show off my newest projects.
I started with a 6x8 stretched canvas and covered it with matte medium.Then I used acrylic paints to make the background.  I added some stamped shapes and then piled on some patterned papers and paper doilies. I stamped and colored a HouseMouse image, tearing around it and adhering it onto my canvas.  I embellished the heck out of it and then used a Black pen to highlight parts of my project.
I made it for a swap on PaperCraftPlanet, but I'm having trouble thinking about giving it away, so....
I had to make another one.  This again uses a HouseMouse image, as well as paints, ink, patterned papers,stickers, sequins, feathers, beads and a metal sentiment charm.  I love this one, and now I have two that I don't really want to part with!!!  So....
I made this one for Valentine's Day, using another House Mouse image, colored with Copics.  This time I experimented with some black & white doodling, and I like the effect.  It kind of makes things pop on the canvas.  I also added wire, buttons,a metal sentiment tag, a stick pin, acrylic, paper doilies, patterned papers, ink and paints.
I guess I am narcissisic, because I love this one too.  So...

I have two more canvases to play with, and then I'll have to make a decision on which one to send off to my swap partner!  (sigh)  Life is hard, sometimes!

4 comments:

Charlene Mitchell said...

Pat, you're so funny! I feel your dilema though as I feel that way about some of my cards - they're so hard to part with sometimes! Love the canvas work and those House Mouse images are just the cutest!

Sandra Caldwell said...

Nice work sweetie...Hop you grab my freebies this month. Hugs

Pat said...

I did Sandra, and for those who have not caught Sandra's fantastic images, here's the link: http://babycakesdoodlethisandthat.blogspot.com/
Love your babycakes the best!!

Unknown said...

PAT!! Adore your "Mixed Media Canvas" You are multi~talented...keep it up girlfriend. Love your style.