PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

You Asked for It, Chicago!

As I write this post, I glance out my window and think back to summer, when temps rose close to 100 degrees several times. Many Chicago friends on Facebook were moaning and groaning and wishing it would cool off. Well, congratulations! It not only has cooled off, but my gas grill in the backyard is buried under snow. So far we've had 20 inches and there's a light snow wafting down from pregnant clouds. We've had our first blizzard of the year, and it's only February!
So, for all you whiners out there, I created a card using the Bugaboo image "Happy Now?" My blue and pink card is filled with shimmery snowflakes and glittery jewels. There's even a snowman acting like Vanna White, offering the "punchline." Really, I used to love snow, until I had to drive in it, and shovel it, and stomp through it. But there are benefits to heavy snow:
My school calls a SNOW DAY and I don't have to go to work
the potholes are filled in with packed snow and my car finally has a smooth road
the white flakes cover the dirty piles left by snow plows
my granddaughter comes over and plays in our yard
Wherever you are in the world, be careful what you wish for. It may just come true, Chicago style!!
Happy crafting!!
Challenges I m entering:
Clear It Out Challenges: Anything Goes using anything goes stash (Gosh, I haven't bought new product in months)
Inky Chicks - From (your country) with Love (Chicago, USA)
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too funny! Love this card. You did a fabulous job! Thank you so much for joining us this week at TTCRD.
Cindy- DT TTCRD

Holly Young said...

I love it! I would love to get some snow here. I lived in Chicago from the ages of 7 to 10. I moved there from Houston, TX where it never snowed and we had a blizzard our first winter there. I'm sure as an adult the snow wouldn't be as much fun as it did to me then, but it was a great place to winter in as a kid!