PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Well Done, Google Maps, Well Done

Last year my hubby and I were driving to an Outback Restaurant. We used Google Maps, which led us...wait for it...not to the restaurant. Yet Google Maps said it was there!!
When Ike's Art World Challenges blog offered this freebie on their blog (called Lamp Post Diva) it reminded me of this story, and I couldn't help but make a card. Sometimes you have to take inspiration wherever it rears its head. LOL
I used some lovely Prima paper from their "Tagged" collection, a gift from Betty of Simply Betty Digital Stamps. I loved the patterns on the paper so much I decided to go with a color-blocking design, something I haven't done often. A peek in my embellishment box netted me the strips of tiny jewels, a couple Skittles and the swirly clips my card needed to embellish it. And a rifle through my ribbon container landed me a few snippets of ribbon and fiber to wrap around some of the small blocks. Everything but the new digi came from my stash,  the whole card took me twelve minutes from start to finish, and I was well done before hubby got home from work today!
So, Ike's Art World Challenges has a great challenge running now:  Make Us Laugh, and I believe my card qualifies. Check out the challenge blog-even if you don't play in it, you'll go away with a smile on your face!
Other Challenges I am Entering:
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Scrapper's Delights - Anything Goes
Wonderful Wednesdays - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays - #195  Anything Goes
Creative Colours - specific colors
Card & Scrap - Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash - The Out-of-Towners
Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes


17 comments:

StampNScrapJunkie said...

How fun! I love your sentiment! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

Unknown said...

Too funny and so true!! LOVE:) Thank you for joining us this week at TTCRD.
Cindy- DT TTCRD

Anonymous said...

This is too funny, love it! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

That is so funny Pat. Love this card. My husband and I had the same experience with one of the apps and it took us to an empty lot - two different times on two different vacations. So hard to depend on them, isn't it? Great job! Have a terrific day! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

ike said...

Hahahahaha !!! How brilliant !! :-D This was almost a coffee spitting moment !:-D I have never used Google Maps but I think now that I would give it a miss LoL
I really love your colour blocking and that super paper. A fantastic quick card - I am super impressed.
Thank you very much for using my Freebie and for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES.

Hugz
IKE xx

Anne Bente said...

wawwww så super flot ♥

10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

knuzzzz ♥

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Very funny a brilliant card love the design and colours you have used .Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny ♥

Donna said...

He he he fab card!! Thanks for sharing and for playing along with the crew at Shopping Our Stash for our "Big Screen" challenge this week!!

Holly Young said...

This is great Pat! Wouldn't it have been wonderful if instead of an Outback there was a craft store that was having a half off sale?! The image reminds me of a friend of mine who ran smack into a street sign while looking at her phone (luckily we were walking!)

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your cute crafting for Crafting Musketeers challenge 22, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x

Vivi said...

That is so funny...

Thanks for joining us at Card and Scrap challenge

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Hi,

Wauw, this is gorgous. So beautiful. Thanks for joining us at CCC and good luck. Make sure to post our color palette aswell.

Hugs
Claudia
DT CCC

Sall said...

I love this, the accuracy of the joke is splendid

Crafting Musketeers said...

Beautiful project , thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT)x

caroline said...

great card thanks for joining us at sisters of craft, good lucl
caroline dt

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Great card and story to go along with it.

Thanks for playing along with us this week at Inspiration Destination. Good luck.

Lynn, ID CT

Bettina L. said...

Oh this is a fun card. Love the sentiment too. Thanks for playing at Scrappers Delight and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Scrappers Delight xx