PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, February 2, 2015

When One Door Closes...

It's said that when one door closes, another door opens. In my case, it is so true. After a couple years designing for Squigglefly Designs, the company is about to close its doors. I learned so much from being on their team, and was lucky to play with so many images from very talented artists. I will miss my teammates as well, whose projects inspired me to go that extra step in my artistic work. Door softly closes...

Today, a new door to opportunity opens for me. Above is my first project as a Design Team member for Craft Your Passion challenge blog!! I am blessed to have been invited to design along with new teamies AgnieszkaAletheaHelenaKimLynnMichelle and Tanvi. I hope to enjoy the same close relationship with my Craft Your Passion DT, as well as inspire/be inspired by them.
My first project is a birthday card using an image from this week's guest sponsor, Aurora Wings. They are offering a prize of $10 worth of digital stamps from store.
My image is called Cupcake Kitten, and she is a patient little thing, waiting for that creamy goodness atop her head. That's why I thought the sticker sentiment was perfect for this image: Time to Eat. After coloring my image with Copics, I dabbed a little Stickles on for shimmer. The border at the top is from K & Co, and I had a few leftover cupcake embellishments from a previous project. The sentiment inside reads: "...your Birthday Cake!! Have a sweet day!"
Craft Your Passion offers weekly challenges with an ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES theme. So come and play with us, and show us what you got!
Other Challenges I am Entering:
Creative Knockouts - Animal Antics
4 Crafty Chicks - Anything Goes
Aurora Wings - Valentines

6 comments:

Denise Goeldner said...

So adorable, love the image and all the wonderful colours chosen. Thanks so much for joining us over at Creative Knockouts, good luck and hope to see you again.
~ Denise DT ~
Creative Knockouts
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}
{Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

Dannette said...

So awesome for you Pat! I love your creation! HUgs & Smiles, Dannette

Holly Young said...

Really cute card Pat! Congratulations on your new opportunity. Your creativity has grown so much over the years, and I know it will continue to do so.

Lori Turner said...

Super cute card - love all those cupcakes :) Congratulations on your new DT placement! Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Great coloring on the Cupcake Kitten image, Pat! Love your sweet design. Thank you for joining Valentine's challenge at Aurora Wings.

Mitzi xx
Artist/Owner Aurora Wings

DonnaMundinger said...

HeeHee! Such a sweet image you've chosen! Your card is absolutely yummy, Pat, and congrats on your new DT gig. Thank you so much for joining our Valentine's challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD