PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, February 16, 2015

Giggling Down the Path of Positivity

Laughter is the best medicine. Studies have shown that people heal faster and handle serious medical side effects when they get their daily dose of humor. The movie “Patch Adams,” about a doctor who used humor as part of patients’ recovery regimens, was based off a true story.
So when I heard that one of the alumni in our religious ed program was diagnosed with leukemia and undergoing treatments, I decided my goal would be to help ease his days with laughter. I created a journal of jokes, riddles, puns and comics that hopefully will see him through some very boring or tough days.
I created the cover using a digital image from Meljen's called "Doctor Bear." It's perfect for my theme of laughter, which is this month's challenge theme at the Path of Positivity Challenge blog. After coloring him with my Copics, I found a leftover piece of Peanuts Gang patterned paper with which to frame him.
Some various other patterned paper pieces added color, and I printed the quote in Microsoft Word. I scattered a few buttons onto the cover and I'm ready to fill the pages with funnies. I already printed out a few jokes and cartoons from Photobucket, and have several joke books leftover from when my son was young.
I'm thinking of leaving parts of pages, or maybe a few full pages, blank, so that his friends and family can add their own funny stories and jokes to the journal. what do you think? Fill it up completely or leave some room for additions? Let me know! And please keep my young friend in your prayers. He has a long road to walk before he sees good health.
Back to the Path of Positivity Challenge:
It's always Anything Goes as long as you craft with the theme in mind-this month it's Laughter. It could be a CARD, CANVAS, PHOTO, ALTERED ART, anything crafty. If the theme of Laughter is not well explained in your project, please describe how it relates in your post.
There are two guest sponsors this month:
Meljen's Designs
and Limited Runs

Challenges I am Entering:
 Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - For the Boys
Simply Create Too - Anything Goes
Wags & Whiskers - For Someone You Love
Ike's Art World Challenges - Make Us Laugh



11 comments:

fff said...

This adorable and really great that you would do something like that!

ike said...

Fantastic idea - this is a brilliant page too. Such a cute doctor bear :-D Thank you for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES - Make us Laugh.
I certainly agree with that sentiment :-D

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog


ahlers5 said...

You are just wonderful to do that for some one. I'm sure it will brighten their days. Thanks so much for joining us at Inspiration Destination.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant sentiment and gorgeous card .Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny ♥

Matney said...

Very sweet and good reminder to us all that sometimes laughter is the cure. Fab layout and a great entry. Thanks so much! Shoni, Ike's World Challenges DT

Sall said...

This is really true, laughter is always the best medicine.

Emily Thubbron said...

Such a sweet card. Love the doctor teddy. Thanks for joining us at Ike's World for our Make Us Laugh challenge.

Holly Young said...

What an awesome gift! It is sure to bring comfort as well as smiles to your friend.

samara navi said...

Always beautiful art and always beautiful and deeply moving writing. Thanks once again my friend. Best, Samara DT IWC

tilly said...

what a lovely fun card, thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz challenge
Tilly

maria f. said...

What a great get well message. Thanks for joining us at SCT.