PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, February 9, 2015

Altered Art Project for Craft Your Passion

I love surfing my local Goodwill store. I found a combination cork board/dry erase board for 49 cents! I guess the price fixer couldn't handle the psychedelic look of the frame, but it inspired me to make an altered home organizer.
My daughter is attending community college for her first two years, and often she's at class before I go to work (and vice versa). We needed a way to communicate our daily plans, reminders, etc. Her  phone doesn't get a signal while she's there, so now we can leave messages and love notes to each other.
I used a digi image from Stitchy Bear called Hippie. After coloring her with Copics, I fussy-cut her out and popped her onto some fun patterned paper from Color Bok. Another piece of a different sheet from the same paper stack gives a nice border to the bottom of the cork board part. I used buttons to make stick pins for messages, receipts, etc. As you can see, our message board is up and running, and working great!
Craft Your Passion challenge blog has a new challenge today, and their challenges are always ANYTHING GOES (my fave kind of challenge). Why don't you check out the inspiration at the challenge blog, leave a little love and play in this week's challenge?! Stitchy Bear is this week's sponsor, and she has zillions of cute, sassy images to color up!
Other Challenges I am Entering:
Scrappy Hands - Family (a way of keeping in contact with my teen daughter)
That Craft Place - Anything Goes
Kraftin' Kimmie - Peace & Love
2 Creative Chicks - Anything Goes
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes (no cards/ATCs)
Recycle, Re-purpose & Re-invent - Anything Goes (must re-use something; My thrift store find)
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - any theme/must be altered art.mixed media
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Pat,
this idea is great. I wish my daughter would read such a board too. Maybe I must make also a really bright one like yours.
xxx Michelle

Amanda said...

Hi there, what a clever recycled project you have created and so colourful! Thankyou for joining us at That Craft Place. Hope to see you again soon.
hugs Amanda

Pam said...

Great creation!Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Pam
♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥


Kelly Schelske said...

What a fun project!

Thank you for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! I sure hope to see you back again fro challenge #4!

Hugs, Kelly

Tamie said...

This is super cool! I love your altered Art...is so full of inspiration. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends Challenge #3 Anything Goes.

Tamie DT

Danielle Vincent said...

What a great idea. I LOVE bright colors on my projects - they make me feel happy. Thanks so much for sharing your fabby creation with us at Kraftin Kimmie!

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Lovely altered project.Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck, Rupa D.T

steffi said...

That's so bright and cheerful - and useful too - double win!! Thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics ~ Steffi :o) xx

Sammy said...

Wow, what fantastic colours! And super useful too. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

hazel said...

A fabulous project, thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.
xxx Hazel.

Sandra Wright. said...

Such a great project...love the bright colour palette...
Thank you for joining us over at Altered Eclectics...x