PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, October 2, 2023

31 Days of All Hallows Eve - Day 2 - Book of Bones (and where to dig them up)

 

Last summer I picked up a baker's dozen of book boxes to alter for Christmas. You can see them on my blog HERE. Since I didn't use all of them yet, I decided to make a few Halloween book boxes as decor. Here is the box before alteration.


Today's make is a Book of Bones and where to dig them up. I pulled out my Rubbermaid tub of Halloween craft supplies and pulled apart a few Dollar Store skeletons. Using their legs and arms as well as a skull and backbone, I hot glued these parts to the cover to spell out the book's title. Leftovers decorate the cover as well. Next came crumpled tissue paper and homemade mod podge. 

After drying, I used various paint brushes to highlight the letters and body parts. I always use designer papers for the inside of my book boxes and then fill them with goodies. Last Christmas, I made five holiday book boxes, filled them with homemade goodies and gave them to my neighbors and my postal worker. This year, a few more neighbors will get Halloween candies inside their boxes. 

I'm trying to use up my stash of holiday craft supplies, but the Dollar Stores are sooo tempting, especially around Halloween. We'll have to see how long I resist all the goodies, especially after watching dozens of Halloween DIY videos on YouTube! LOL

Do you get kids trick or treating at your house? I used to have so many I had hubby go to the store after running out of treats. But over the last few years, I get maybe a dozen kids and I'm stuck with a bunch of candy. I hope it picks up this year... 


No comments: