PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

31 Days of All Hallow's Eve - Day 4- Spooky Signage

 

Among my leftover Halloween craft supplies, I found 2 signs I had bought (and hug in windows) for the summer season. Well, summer is over! And instead of painting over them, I decided to paint and decorate the other side for Halloween. Below you'll see what my signs show for summer:

So I started by painting each backside black for the base coat. After drying, I adhered some leftover designer paper to each. On the sign I'm featuring today, I added a border of orange paint. I also attached some leftover lace to the bottom of the paper. I used a stencil to paint on the greeting BOO and finished it off with a Dollar Store ribbon.
This was a very fast, very easy craft, which I certainly appreciated. I also appreciate the fact that it is flat, and will store easily in my Halloween decorations bins.

Do you believe in ghosts? My sister bought a house near me that is said to be haunted. She hasn't seen a ghost in the years in which she's lived there, but every time she comes home and it's dark, she calls me and keeps the conversation up while she checks out a noise that came from her basement. No sense in pushing her luck, right?




No comments: