PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

31 Days of Halloween - Day 11 - Hallow's Eve - Boho Design

 
I love me some boho decor, so naturally I had to create something with a Halloween twist. I have to admit that I haven't done macrame since college (a long time ago in a galaxy far far away). So when I saw this tiny macrame hanger in the clearance bin at Michael's last month, I had to buy it, and its three mates (that's four altogether).

I reached my arm deep into my Halloween tub o' crafting supplies to find a pumpkin small enough to fit into the "hammock" part of my hanger! I also dug around my flower supplies and found a handful of sunflowers whose size matched my pumpkin. I painted the yarn a coppery color using acrylic paint and hot glued my pumpkin into the cradle, so to speak.

Then I "planted" my sunflowers and added a little greenery between the blooms and the pumpkin. As you can see, my project is very small, hanging from a table lamp in the living room. Therefore, I will be making several of these for this celebratory month.

Nothing spooky, just Fall fun! 

Speaking of Fall, or Autumn, I live in the US in a state that sets their clocks back one hour in the Fall. Do you live where the time changes twice a year? Falling behind one hour in the Fall, and speeding ahead one hour in the Spring? 

How do you feel about this habit that Benjamin Franklin founded? I, personally, could do without it. It's hard enough to keep track of time without going back and forth! And pets like my Morkie, Honeycomb, don't do well with it, especially with meal time and getting up in the morning! Some states have repealed the law and don't change at all, which makes it even more confusing. Inquiring minds want to know...

CHALLENGES i AM eNTERING:
Unicorn challenges - Autumn/Halloween
 Farmquest Challenges - Anything Goes/optional Autumn colors

 (p.s. this year it falls on Nov. 5)



1 comment:

Let's Art Journal said...

What a gorgeous autumnal hanger! Love your design and it hangs so beautifully 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x