PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, January 27, 2023

Painting my Thrift Finds

 

when I go to a thrift store, I try to be open-minded. I don't were bought on separate visits to the store. The dog is a resin figure that kind  of looked like our first dog, Wilson. He was a Silkie Terrier rescue. The shape and face were right, but the colors were way off!

So I took out my trusty acrylics and was able to get a pretty good likeness of Wilson. What do you think?


Okay, on to my bobble head kitten. I bought a pair of unpainted clay cats and recently had a paint date with my niece, Reagan. I wish I got a photo of hers (I think it's cuter than mine).  My kitty is so happy, sitting on the shelf with Wilson. Of course, I'm referring to my painted thrift finds. I am highly allergic to cats and have been known to get an allergy attack just by sitting next to a cat owner for a bit of time!

What's on my craft table for next time? I have some tins with handles (used to hold Lemon Drops). I'm planning on a short road trip in a couple months for my sister's birthday. My other sister (just the three of us girls, no boys) is flying in from Germany, where she lives with her husband. 
I want to decorate the tins as if they were our luggage, adding a little rhyme to the birthday girl to hint at what we've secretly planned for her. 

Right now I am in the throes of cleaning out, organizing and labeling my craft supplies. My "craft room" is the basement. It is filled to overflowing with items and furniture from cleaning out my gram's and my mom's houses (both finally sold last year).
 
Cleaning out the basement is an OVERWHELMING task, but I've broken it down to small daily tasks. I cut them into strips and every day I pull one out and try to accomplish that one task. Sometimes I finish it and continue to clean out and purge. I'm getting there, slowly but surely, without freaking myself out. It is like a storage unit down there!!

No comments: