PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, January 20, 2023

Merging Doodling with Drawing (Zen squared)


 Today I tried my hand at drawing cute Kawaii animal  bodies to match the faces I found on Pinterest offered by FreePick. According to one artist on YouTube, "anyone can draw, they just need to PRACTICE, A LOT"

So I cut out these cute animal heads, and tried to give them cute little bodies. Some were cute, some okay, some awful. They're all here on my post. And to really make my art journal pages count, I pulled out my inner Zen and doodled around them, filling the pages. Then I shaded with a black colored pencil.

I've also printed funny and/or positive quotes from Pinterest, adhered them to my journal pages, and let the words inspire my doodling. I call these pages Zen squared, which in math terms means Zen doubled.

Do you have an art journal yet? It's very addicting. You can start with cutting pics and words out from magazines, creating scenes or collages, and from there the sky is the limit (really, try drawing clouds around your cut-out pics). 

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I really admire your patience in doing this, something I just couldn't focus on, however I love the result of your lovely design.
Faith x