PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Back to Canvases Today

 

When I saw this paint technique n Pinterest, I knew I had to try it. It uses my fave colors, and was something I had the brush and paint for. After painting a green-blue background, I dropped smears of different shades of green and blue (as well as white and yellow) with a palette knife. The came the fun part--using my brush to create swirls, picking up the different colors as I turned my brush. I wish you could see the subtle lines that make up the swirls, but I had to take photos with my phone.

I made such a mess of paint around my canvas that I had to open another canvas and create a second one. I used more white in the second canvas, but I like the swirls better than my first. They make a good pairing, and I already have it hanging in my hallway. I wonder if my daughter will notice the artwork when she comes home from work...

I wonder what kind of art will tempt me net time...


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE your swirls, so very pretty, beautiful colour mix.
Faith x