PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, January 20, 2023

Impatient for Spring

I used to hate anything to do with flowers in crafting. I'm allergic to real flowers, and I used to say that my allergies included fake flowers, coloring flowers, the whole shebang. But somehow the "flowers" started to grow on me sorry, (couldn't help the pun). Since I'm more comfortable with using images and flowers in my crafts, I've created wreaths, painted  watercolors and painted pots and filled them.

This is one of my newest projects. I received some garden-themed stencils and thought an old clay pot would be perfect to try them out. First, I painted the pot black, a nice glossy black. Then I used a stipple brush and decorated the rim and the front and back with chalk paint. I have to say that the stencils I used were pretty easy to keep in place while dabbing. They are made by Folk Art.

I already had the flowers in my stash downstairs (which I must clean out and minimize).I don't know how good I am at arranging the flowers, but they look nice in the corner of my kitchen, so I'm happy and I don't care if it is the middle of winter...! 


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A lovely and beautiful addition to your kitchen.
Faith x