PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Better Late than Never - a Christmas Shadow box


While this shadow box was created before Christmas (and decorated my living room during said holiday), I hadn't taken a photo of it until I started putting the holiday decorations back in their boxes for next year. So I missed all the holiday challenge blogs, but I still wanted to show my crafting peeps my newest Christmas shadow box.

The box itself is ceramic with one big opening, all shaped like a house. My plan had been to create an indoor "night before Christmas" scene, but it just wasn't working out. So I grabbed a couple tree ornaments (Santa and unicorn) after creating an outdoorsy scene with designer paper and snowflake tissue paper. I ripped off gently removed a tiny wreath from another ornament and attached it to Santa's ride (his name is Randolph). Some bottle brush trees and tiny wrapped presents were added after I coated the bottom of my box with Faux Snow. Faux Snow is what I call my homemade crafting snow. made by rubbing two Styrofoam balls together and gathering the flakes from the friction (much cheaper).

I had to do a bit of surgery on Santa to get him to look natural riding a Unicorn. He's still awkwardly placed, but I can always say he's turned sideways to wave at people... 

Back to my shadow box. It is now packed away with the other decorations, and I'm ready to increase my inventory of Halloween shadow boxes, which I sell at craft shows during Labor Day. They're really popular at the RV Park where I call my trailer home sweet home during the summer.

*English Major question here: Why is the word "a" used in front of the word "unicorn" when the word "an" almost always comes before words starting with the letter "U"?


 

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful display, it must have brightened the spot you added it too. Love it, lots of lovely details in it. As for the question, now that is too much for an old head to get thinking of, I hope you have an answer in your next post?
Joke on Alexa today. Question - What is the opposite of ironing? Answer -Wrinkling!
Sorry had to add that.
hahaha
Faith x