PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, January 16, 2023

Who Uses Coasters Nowadays?!

 I don't care! I found a set of wood slice coasters at a garage sale last summer. It was 50 cents!! Living by my new motto, "I'll paint anything that doesn't move", I tried to match each shape of wood slice to a fruit or vegetable. After painting my pineapple, pumpkin, avocado, coconut, watermelon, apple and strawberry, I added a Gloss varnish to preserve them from drippy drinks. I also cut felt into the shapes and glued them onto the backs of my produce project.

A while back, I did the same thing to a wooden spoon & fork set. I painted their tops  as pineapples with goofy faces. Yesterday the city came by and cut down a tree on my  neighbor's parkway (the grassy part between the sidewalk and the street). I was itching to get my  hands on some wood slices, and I did! I gave the crew a Dunkin Donuts gift card as a thank you for taking the time to do the cutting. It was enough to get them each a coffee. According to my daughter and sister, I am not allowed to use a chain saw...



1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! How clever of you, not only the idea, but the results of the painting too. They'll be enjoyed for years I'm sure. I would love to know the reaction of the workmen after they had gone. :)
Faith x