PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, January 12, 2023

I Get By with a Little Help from my Zen (Ringo for President)

 While cleaning out my craft supplies, I discovered a small pile of round inchies I made from the leftover papers of a pre-COVID project. Unwilling to toss them indifferently (call me frugal or call me a hoarder), I decided to incorporate them into my Zen doodling. I had enough to create 3 new pages in my art journal. Some of my circular inchies were made from washi tape.
This one reflects on flowers, and the one below uses the inchies as well as same-sized circles containing doodles I drew. The page was too "white" for my liking so I drew various-sized circles or bubbles to fill up the page. I am not a crafter that likes white space...

I am pleased with my recent archeological digging into my craft hoard supplies. I try to declutter or use what I have (and I have so much) about once a week. This holiday season I almost emptied my bin of metal tins, as well as half my supply of cardboard "book" boxes. My only regret is that I didn't take photos of ALL my projects. I gave them all away as presents to friends and neighbors.

So, how often do you clean out, organize or give away your craft supplies? Inquiring minds want to know...

p.s. (I actually have a 45 of the song Ringo for President. 45s are like "vinyls" but only feature a single song on each side).


 

No comments: