PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Art Journals are Fun


 

I never had a journal specifically for my art, which is weird, because I am a journal junkie. I have a gratitude journal, self-discovery journal, travel journal (the list goes on, including a journal of lists)...

Now that I started a truly ART journal, I am exploring more techniques and ways to expand my creativity. Like the Zen Doodling I started,  I have been practicing my drawing ability. Above is one of my first pages of pencil drawings (after I erased the pencil lines and went over them with pen). I call it When Flowers Dance.

I was inspired by Elle magazine and my friend, Renita. She delivers my mail and packages and has been my Muse when it comes to art and losing weight. 

Shout out to all postal workers! Since we all seem to have given up writing letters and sending holiday cards, not only has US postage increased, but letter carriers are given larger routes and having to work until the evenings delivering mail, also due to a decrease in employees through layoffs and retirements.

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Amazing drawing, beautiful too.
Faith x